05 June 2011

Summer and work

So I'm back in Arizona once again working on personal stuff and freelance.  I'm pretty sure it's gonna go by fast again though and I will find myself in California again shortly...weird bouncing back and forth.  So here are direct to color studies I did this week.  Kind of sticking to the same theme.  I'd like to do another theme for next week also and aim for more complicated perspectives as these are relatively simple pieces with just a little depth in them.


 A couple more thumbnails also, trying to push these more lately.

Likely more then anything this summer I've taken to doing more traditional painting.  I've been getting a huge inspiration surge from Nathan Fowkes lately.  The guy has been doing a painting a day for 15 years!  Quite a fantastic idea actually.  Anyway I'm doing these thumbnail 3x4 or less on a watercolor sketchbook I put together this summer.  Here are a couple I did,  I still need to take photos of the other dozen.  Still really rough but just gotta keep at it.  The other thing I'm trying to do is also do these in 20 stroke are less which is something he mentioned.

11 comments:

cleza2 said...

As always your art knocks me out!!! How has Pixar... or someone else not made you an offer... but I've been saying that since you were in Pima!!!! Looks like you're happy! Paint on my boy,,,,

Erik Ly said...

Sexy level.. is off the charts!

Robert Ortega said...

nice man 20 strokes or less whoa...nice sean
keep it up

Sean Thurlow said...

Thanks Leza...I chipping away at that wall...gonna break it soon I can feel it. Will do hope things are well

Yo Erik leveling up that's what it's all about:D Thanks man:)

Hey Robert thank you:) Yup 20 strokes...it's a good challenge!

Jason Scheier said...

Killin` it Sean!! :D

Sean Thurlow said...

Jason man thanks for swinging by:) I'm so missing Cali already, can't wait to get back in there :D

Dilanka Samaratunga said...

NICE! like the mood on these.

Sean Thurlow said...

Hi Dilanka thank you. Your work is a amazing by the way man ;)

GWhitehall said...

Man you dont stop! Quite inspiring my friend, keep it up.

GWhitehall said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean Thurlow said...

Thank you Gino, dude I love your vehicles designs your doing lately! Will do man gotta keep pushing.